General Business Activities
During 2007 the closed corporation, HECS Laboratory Services CC, was registered.
This business started off as a laboratory rendering services to occupational hygiene departments in the mining- and private industry.
HECS Laboratory Services now renders laboratory testing services to clients regulated mainly by MHSA, act 29 of 1996 and OHSA, act 85 of 1993
in South Africa. Any clients in need of services as specified in the schedule of accreditation both nationally and internationally are
welcome to contact us.
HECS Laboratory Services is a well-established company with competitive pricing in the
market. Due to a growing customer base a new laboratory as part of an expansion
project has been built at a new premises, and has been operational since June 2011.
The laboratory is accredited by SANAS in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 and adheres to all requirements of the standard.
Laboratory services are available to all
- Underground mines,
- Opencast mines,
- Stone crushing operations,
- Any other industry requiring accredited laboratory services, as per schedule of accreditation.
Schedule of Accreditation...
HECS Laboratory services is the first laboratory accredited by SANAS in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 to make use of an
automated gravimetric analyser to analyse incombustibility and moisture on stone dust and coal dust samples. The laboratory
layout is designed for high capacity and rapid processing of samples.
The laboratory staff includes 1 x Technical Manager, 1 x Quality Manager, 1x Document Control Officer, 2x Senior Analysts and 4 x Analysts.
- Testing of incombustibility of stone dust / coal dust thermal gravimetric.
- Colorimetric comparison of stone dust / coal dust qualitative.
- Testing of respirable personal particulate matter limited to gravimetric activities.
- Testing of respirable continuous miner particulate matter limited to gravimetric activities.
- Testing of dust fall samples (soluble and insoluble).
- Testing of crystalline silica (alpha quartz) FTIR pellet method.
- Testing of turbidity in service water.
- Testing of pH in service water.
- Chemical water analysis.
- Bacteriological water analysis.
Pollutant analysis such as: 30 Element analysis, welding fumes analysis, coal tar pitch volatile analysis.
- Diesel particulate matter.
Prices available on request